Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Why I do What I do and Why I am Who I am

A lot of factors go into deciding what we are to become. For me it has been a life full of culminating events that has prepared me for the profession that I have chosen. When I was only seven years old I was stricken with an inflammatory disease, called Kawasaki Disease, that left the arteries to my heart severely damaged. The miraculous thing about that experience is that my body innately adapted to the damaged arteries and created a new way for my heart muscle to get the blood it needed through extension of other arteries. This was my first personal experience on the ability and power of the human body to heal itself. In my church it is a common practice for a young adult to spend two years away from school, family, and the distractions of the world to spend all your time proselyting and sharing our religion with anyone that will listen. While I was doing this when I was nineteen years old, I had the wonderful experience to help and serve complete strangers and get to see peoples lives change for the better. This was truly life changing for myself and is when I decided that I wanted to help others improve their lives. Chiropractic is the science, philosophy, and art that allows me to help people enhance their bodies ability to heal themselves and in the process of that improve their quality and expression of life. While I have been in school I have seen improvements in my own life. I have been able to turn my life around and lose over thirty pounds of excess weight because my body has been functioning better. Also, despite my heart condition, in the last six months I have been able to run four half marathon races getting faster times each race. The human body is an incredible thing with limitless potential. I get to help others improve their lives through helping their bodies function at a 100% everyday and I love it.

-Mike E

No comments:

Post a Comment